Thread: HARRAH'S SUED
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: HARRAH\'S SUED

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another waste of time of our judicial system. You don't sell a $15B publicy traded gaming company 'camouflaged' or disguised in any way shape or form. You know how many government agencies are pulling out their fine toothed combs as we speak gearing up for analyzing this deal?

These are two guys who want $81/share to become $121/share and are doing what they can to keep the buzz going on this before the buyers can get it the cheapest possible price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol How many government officials are looking at this ? My guess would be none or any ones that are aren't getting out the fine tooth comb they're getting out the big rubber OK stamp and inking it up. The SEC didnt say boo when Harrahs bought out Ceasers, Didnt say boo when they bought out Jack binion. They wont say boo now.... The only way this will get scrutinized will be if the share holders complain....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confusing the FTC and SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]
No I don't believe I am...

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) would investigate Harrahs for Consumer fraud (price fixing, non competitive practices etc..), the Securities Exchange Commission(SEC)deals with how shares of publicly traded companies are handled it reviews the purchases of a public company by another public or private company to prevent Anti-Trust issues (of which they have been lax for the past 15 years) or shenanigans dealing with the stock prices (Martha Stewart/ImClone would be an example). Why do you think the FTC would be the governing body ?!?!?