View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Don\'t stack-a-donk the good players, guys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of ass players and some good players who are either on tilt or think their opponent is laggro or are into making a mistake will call the stack-a-donk CR with 1010 or AJ here. I personally hate how he played the hand and I think this is a reasonably point. Still, I think this is a results orientated, semi-brag, "Holy [censored], I hit quads" post.

A'

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, WTF? The line is terrible if I folded K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], because I might bluff the river with that hand. It just doesn't matter that I won this hand. It's way worse if he thinks I am betting with TT (WTF am I betting these midpair hands everyone talked about again? I have showdown value).

I am not saying Villain shouldn't check the turn. I'm saying he shouldn't check-PUSH it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you make a decent point overall that I basically agree with. But versus specifically KT diamonds, it's not at all clear that check-call is better than check-push. There's a lot of money in the pot, 11 outs is a lot of outs that you need to bluff an awful lot of rivers to make up for. Plus, results-oriented irony, he'd feel pretty foolish check-calling your river 'bluff' on the river that actually hit.

Point being on a different kind of board (more drawy), your turn range should be including more bet/call made hands and more draws, and so stack a donk is more viable even against a good player.

Edited to add it's obviously a better line on any board if you potted the turn rather than bet $25, given stack sizes. And that in the posted hand I think check-call is clearly best.