View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: losing in the beggining

Jordie,

The swings you mentioned are natural in stud. No matter how long you play this game, you'll have swings, but as you get more experience, they should be smaller.

Another point I'd like to make is that I too play at FTP (have been for quite a while..) but I don't recall playing with you. The stud games at FTP have became alot looser since some of the other sites are closed to US players. There also have been players on this site that have decided to play "other" games (i.e. stud, razz, hi/lo, etc) ever since they watch Chip Reese win millions in the HORSE event at the WSOP but they don't have any idea what they are doing...Case in point, I had a guy try to tell me he had a straight on 3rd street & another asked "What the hell is a bring in", yet another tells me he had a set in the first three cards...you get the idea!

To summarize, you're dealing with variance & probably playing with a table of newbies who wandered over from holdem that play every hand. With that being said, it can be a boom to your bankroll or it can be a bust.