View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:55 AM

Default Don\'t stack-a-donk the good players, guys

This just happened to me and I thought it bears mentioning that we call the line stack-a-donk for very good reason.

When a very good player has position on you, I think it's a terrible line to take, personally.

Villain was 13/13/infinite over 110 hands or so and I have no idea what he thought I would call with here. It's certainly possible I am float/stealing here but I never have AJ or some nonsense that might consider calling his push, because I check behind almost every made hand here, and only betting a steal or a very strong hand. I'd only call his push with KK+ or a 5, and KK+ is just obscenely unlikely for me here.

I was 19/15 and I assume he uses PT so he should know this.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $333.05
CO: $202
Bilbo: $381.90
SB: $467.15
BB: $165.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Bilbo is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $7</font>, Bilbo calls, 2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $17</font>, Bilbo calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Bilbo bets $25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $178</font>, Bilbo calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($407, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $407)

Results:
Final pot: $407
CO showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Am I wrong? Does anyone here think Villain played this hand fine and was just cold-decked?