View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 PM

Default Re: An “Only in LA” Story - The Dealer Stall and the $1 pot!

[ QUOTE ]
awesome thread very entertaining but depressing that these rooms have to rape the players so badly.

Rick are you the same guy that used to post under the pseudonym of speedracer on rgp 5-6 years ago...This guy was my favorite poster on rgp ..he knew everything about LA rake in detail.

I recall he played mid/high LHE at the time. Anyway this thread made me think of speedracer and rgp.

If you arent speedracer is he or was he ever a 2+2'er?

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my knowledge Speed Racer only started one thread on 2+2 I worked at the Bike at the time and was active in the thread. If you read this it's obvious we aren't the same person but we know and respect each other.

Also, if you use Google's Advanced Newsgroup Search you will find that I was involved in many of the Speed Racer threads on RGP (rec.gambling.poker). There's some great stuff there and believe me Speed Racer got on cardrooms management's nerves. Too bad they don't have the sense to listen a bit more.

Speed Racer also posted on RGP under at least a couple other names (I'm not sure he would want me to give them away but it would only require minor sleuthing to figure them out). To the best of my knowledge he isn't that active on newsgroups or poker discussion forums anymore; I think he decided it wasn't worth having a laser scope targeted on his forehead every time he entered a cardroom.

Anyway, if you look at the old RGP threads you will find that Speed Racer and I generally agree, but I would get on him for using hyperbole and often question his math and assumptions. His posts also tend to focus on collection practices mostly in the higher limit games, while I also focus on what these practices do to the smaller games, the games that are the backbone of the cardroom business.

I'll post this link to one the last Speed Racer RGP threads I was involved in just because the title and content is so hilarious.

~ Rick