View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: First Time in History?

On topic: I'd be surprised if games last more than one orbit 3-handed at B&Ms at lower and middle limits. B&M players are famously terrified of playing short-handed (usually anything less than seven players). When Scott is old enough to enter a B&M, he'll see what I mean.

Maybe the experience was more noteworthy to me because I was stuck almost three racks, and in those 15-20 minutes of three-handed play I got 80% of it back.

Off topic: I've been on a number of boards for years. There are always posters who join a forum and obsess over it, making scores of posts a day for months on end, like they've finally found their home. 1000 posts per month is a very typical number from them.

Most dangle from the nutsacks of the long-time posters and try to ramp up to their post counts in 1/10th the time; others become a subspecies of troll, being combative, "I don't take crap from anyone", and jacking off every time they get into a flame war.

Most burn out and stop posting altogether within 9-12 months. The most socially maladjusted ones, of course, have found nirvana and will never stop. When they haven't come out of their room in three days, their mothers go to check on them and find them naked and dead, sitting in front of the computer, a reply all typed up and ready to go. The kind mothers go ahead and click Send for them.

I won't get into a flame war with you Scott, so pull your pants back up.