Thread: Avatar Garage
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Avatar Garage

baumer,

It is actually amazingly easy to do but very hard to describe. I will still try though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Learn the difference between changing the image size and the canvas size. When you have a large image bigger than 80x80 and you change the canvas size down to 80x80 it is like putting a window over the big picture. You can't see much of the picture but as you move it different parts of it show through the window.

For this one I had an image of 300 pixels wide but the canvas size was 80x80. Then I duplicated the frame and moved the location of the layer with the big picture on it slightly and repeated those steps to create a panning motion.

To pan a picture.

1. Make a large picture greater than 80x80.
2. Change the canvas size to 80x80.
3. Duplicate the frame.
4. Select the layer with the pic on it and move it a little.
5. back to step 3

Also at the start and end of the loop I put in a zoom. When you change this size or angle of stuff you need to make a new layer, as you don't want the changes to be duplicated on all the frames. So duplicate the layer this time not the frame. Then take a look in the Edit>Transform menu selection in image ready. You can do a million things with this tool. Just play with it a little to get the feel of the filters.

I use the numeric one the most as you can make things smooth by using similar increments of the numbers. Also there is a transform again function, which speed up the process. I think it is Control+Shift+T.

To transform a picture. (zoom, rotate, skew, ect)

1. Turn off the visibility and duplicate the layer you plan to transform turn the visibility of the original frame back to how it was before.
2. Create a new frame and turn on the visibility of the new layer you just created in step 1.
3. Check to be sure you have the proper layer and frame selected. Got to the Edit>Transform menu and pick a transformation method.
4. Go back to step one.

You might have trouble following this here are a few tricks that might help. It matters what frame you have selected when you mess with different layers. When you move the location of layers the changes are only applied to the frame you currently have selected unless you have the first frame selected then often the change with be applied to all the frames! Yes it will drive you crazy. There are settings to avoid this find them by right clicking the frame or make a dumby first frame and delete it when you are done.

The frames I refer to are the ones with the time under them and layers are on the right in the layers palette. When things are not going the way you planned slow down and check what frame you have selected and what layer you are messing with. Often I get confused and things get messed up.

I have trouble explaining but it is much easier than I make it sound. Took me maybe 5 minutes to make that one yet it took me 10 to try and explain it. lol You can also record actions and it makes things easy look in the layer palette under actions for some premade ones that come with imageready. You can download others or make your own. Again very easy but a hard thing to describe. Hard for me anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]