View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Counter Offensive, How we deter our politicians and keep our game

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Kyl was elected to the U.S. Senate from Arizona in 1994 and re-elected in 2000, after having served four terms in the U.S. House of Representatives. He serves on the Senate’s Finance Committee, where he chairs the Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight, and on the Judiciary Committee, where he chairs the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Homeland Security. As chairman of the Senate Republican Policy Committee, he is one of six members of the Senate Republican Leadership.

This guy is toxic to online gaming. In 1997 he introduced S.474
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...p;summ2=m&
Ten years ago! And of course he didn't give up between then; actually seeing some of his legislation pass the Senate only to die in the House. This guy is public enemy #1 for online poker. Send money to Pederson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm down with the Mccaskill money, but I checked the link above. Holy crap!! If you go there, have a look at the co-sponsors. My beloved (sw) Senator Feinstein is on the list as is Lieberman, Reid, etc. Democrats are no more on our side than Republicans. I think the op's idea is good and have contributed. I STRONGLY recommend staying on point and not getting into the Demo-Repub argument. Neither will listen unless we show we can hurt their incumbency.