Thread: Avatar Garage
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Avatar Garage Tutorial #4 Creating a slide show

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious, what could you do to make onthebutton's avatar better. It's pretty sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't do it right now I'm stuck at work. I will try a few ideas I have later and post the results. Lots of pictures look worse when you resize them down to 80x80. You lose the detail that was in the original. Sometimes you can fix it if you add a little motion or use various zoom features. Also there is a trade off when resizing pics.

If you leave it big then people can view the original by following the path in the persons avatar. But it will look fuzzy when displayed on 2+2 as the forum software auto resizes the pic to 80x80 without adjusting the contrast and sharpness.

If you resize it down to 80x80 you can adjust the contrast and sharpness filters and bring out more details. This makes the image look better at 80x80 but it never gets as good as a larger sized pic would be.

If you find better programs with which to do some of this stuff be sure to let me know. In my tutorials I have only talked about the ones I currently use. And I found them through trial and error. Problem is I have kind of stopped looking for new ways to do stuff as I just got comfortable with these. I am sure there are easier ways or ways that result in better results and I would like to learn them.