Thread: 2p2 Studament?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 2p2 Studament?

I already often play in two private stud tourneys at PS, both $10+1, one on Saturday and one on Sunday evenings. Typically, both attract about 20 players. About 1/2 of them are regulars in both tourneys, but there is a distinct difference in style of play at the two: the Saturday evening tourney is a looser, more passive, calling-station chase fest; the Sunday evening tourney features tighter, more aggressive play, and more closely resembles a good cash game.

Personally, I prefer the latter, do better in the latter, and hence play more often in the latter.

I mention all of this because although your suggestion to start a 2+2 stud tourney is a good one, I know it has been tried in the past and fizzled-out due to lack of players/interest. That's not to say it might not work now, but I'm suggesting an alternative would be for members of this forum joining either or both of these already-existing tournaments.

Although, both of these tourneys are password protected and new players have to be vouched for by current players, I'd be willing to "sponsor" members of this forum to join them. Let me know if you're interested.