View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Buddha Speaks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did nobody mention the golden rule yet? "treat others as you would have them treat you." If you disconnected in a HU SNG would you want them to keep the $$, send it back -rake,or give it to a random bum? Someone mentioned giving a guy that disconnected a fair deal when he came back, then the guy that diss. met him in Aruba and bought him a drink, and who knows, they could be great friends now based on that HU SNG. I think it's the right thing to do to atleast send him half, and then buy yourself something cool with the other half for being a good guy. Obv I'm being hypocritical b/c I would have already spent it on hookers and blow, but I am not a role model.

[/ QUOTE ]

according to kant, (the golden imperative) i think it's ok to take the money and not send any back. given, i wouldnt be upset if EVERYONE in that situation chose to take the money; I wouldnt be any worse off.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) It's categorical imperative, not golden rule
b) that's a ridiculously bad interpretation of Kant. I'm actually not sure what Kant would say about this situation, but whether anybody would be upset has nothing to do with Kantian ethics
c) Kantian ethics are silly