View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Response to Sklansky\'s article \"Chips Changing Value in Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, this whole thing started off, in another thread, as a rather civil discussion/disagreement. Unfortunately, it went downhill fast.

Whatever the math, how about someone step up and try to bring some civility back to this disagreement?

If you want to call each other morons while debating the math, why don't you just IM each other for God's sake? Jeez.

Brann

[/ QUOTE ]

The math seems to be a big deal because if Snyder is correct, it would make a lot of the 2+2 information incorrect. Since Snyder came in and said they were giving people flawed information, obviously S&M have to defend themselves. Even if they did realize they were wrong (not picking sides one way or the other), they couldn't admit it at this point in front of the entire community. So IMing each other in private will not help now that it is all out in the open. So the battle will never have a winner and Snyder is not going to say he is wrong. He definitely stands behind his information.

Personally, Snyder's information makes more sense to me, but if Mason says it is off, I respect his opinion as well. I have the book ordered to check it out for myself. Even with the flawed information, Mason said the book could be help players, so the reasoning for its effectiveness is not really what I am concerned with if it makes me a better player.