View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that they have done the normal things to try to make things run better.

By normal things I mean compacting your PT database, all the memory management stuff talked about in the thread, making Tilt a priority process et cetera and so forth.

[/ QUOTE ]

HSB,

If you read my post in the linked thread you will see that I have done all of this and more (PTDBs compressed, process priority High in taskman, no 3rd party apps, nothing using bandwidth).

Another poster reformatted his entire friggin computer and trialled the Full Tilt client on a completely fresh install of XP. No third party application interference, nothing else consuming RAM or CPU cycles, zero fragmentation of the pagefile, no other applications using even the tiniest bit of bandwidth from his cable broadband connection.

As end users we have gone far beyond all reasonable expectation to do absolutely everything in our power to enable the Full Tilt client to perform optimally and it does not. Seriously, what else do you expect us to do? Animal sacrifice?

[ QUOTE ]
It's also not clear to me what they consider unplayable lag to be. I get the occasional freezeup, generally during a PT import. They could be getting the exact same thing I'm getting and be wildly overreacting to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unplayable lag is constant lag of several seconds for each action you try to make. Obviously if you play 6+ tables, if each action is taking many seconds, and you are faced with several decisions at once, this can cause you to time out before being able to act on some of your hands. If I was experiencing 'occasional freezeups' that coincided with PT imports it would be pretty [censored] obvious what was causing them and I wouldn't be posting about it here.

[ QUOTE ]
Most likely it's a combination of all of this kind of crap and it doesn't mean Tilt shouldn't improve their client to process data more efficiently because clearly they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally you state that "clearly" the users are at fault here despite the fact that you have no idea what the source of the problem is, and haven't bothered to take note of the lengths people have gone to to try and solve it. Thanks for that.