View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Can Democrat Leaders Lead?

[ QUOTE ]
Forgetting ideology, can the current Democrat leaders lead - ie., are they good leaders. Can they drive agendas, communicate well, make smart decisions, manage crisis, make unpopular choices when neccessary, etc.?

The Republicans is charge now clearly cannot. However, have the Democrat leaders provided any indication that they can? If so, please provide evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very tough to provide evidence that they can lead but I'll give it a try.

Before the GOP sweep into power in 1994 the Democrats lead the house for 40 years. I guess the better question would for me to ask you to provide evidence that they can not lead. I know talk radio will try to throw Nancy P under the bus before she becomes Speaker of the House. Everyone should give her a chance.

As far as Driving Agenda's, I'm sure right away the Democrats take power in the House and Most likely the Senate they are going to pass some laws to put some pressure on the Republicans and possible put future GOP Presidential candidates into some interesting positions. These are the types of things that are going to give a lot of people a lot of things to talk about early next year. We could see veto after veto from the White House or many Filibusters in the Senate.