View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: NL25 (8 MAX): Trip Ks facing AI on flush turn

[ QUOTE ]
Would a King actaully push all in or call and reevaluate on the river? I feel a weaker King wouldn't push, because hero has shown a lot of aggression, a bet on the turn, obviously he's not scared of the King's or the flush. I feel like he has the flush more often then not

[/ QUOTE ]
I was raising and c-betting a lot - villain may or may not have noticed this in the few hands he'd check/folded so far. I figured a weaker K might have been trying to draw me in by flat-calling the flop, then panicked when it saw the flush hit, or maybe had a decent diamond kicker. I've seen a players do this with a PP - they often seem to have trouble believing a c-bet on a paired board. I could play JJ/QQ/AA this way too, so a bluff has a decent chance of working, especially if I don't hold a diamond.

It's really close - getting only 1.5:1 it's hard to put a plausible range into poker stove to make it a call. If I'd known anything at all about villain at that point, I would have folded for sure. I was feeling very very sick about the call for a while - and felt sicker every time I looked at his stats firming up.

He had 22. I sucked out with a T on the river.