View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Neteller\'s updated position

I'm curious as to why so many people expect Neteller to brazenly violate US law. Their announcement is unsurprising. In fact, from a legal point of view, the "safer" thing to do is to do what Party did and just give up the ghost. Now I'm a player, and I'd HATE HATE HATE to lose neteller-- its been great for me. But to expect a publicly traded company to just ignore US law (once the regs are in place and the law is thus clear) is to me just wishful thinking.

However, I do agree with the posts indicating that other businesses will fill the void. You don't need to be Adam Smith to figure this out. There will, however, be a fair bit of disruption in the interim.

One thing I am quite sure of is that we will always be able to cash our $$ out of neteller. The law does NOT affect that sort of transaction, at all, and I just don't stay up nights worrying about neteller stealing my money, not at all. So, this is bad news, no two ways about it, and no sugar-coating it, but it happily doesn't change anything YET.