View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Moyers on America: \"The Net at Risk\"

No, I get your point exactly. You want to tell force someone else to sell you what you want on your terms without regard to their own ideas about how to sell what they have. You already said you oppose the idea that "it's their pipe and they can do what they want."

From the faq:

[ QUOTE ]
This is about Internet freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise, my demand from my cream supplier is about cream freedom.

[ QUOTE ]
Net Neutrality ensures that all users can access the content or run the applications and devices of their choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. If my cream supplier can charge more money for cream, then only those who have money will get cream. I want to be free to make the ice cream that I want. They're choking off my ice cream!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Small business owners benefit from an Internet that allows them to compete directly — not one where they can't afford the price of entry.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!! I can't keep up with these big dairies. I benefit from rules that let me dictate the price I pay for my cream supply.

Seriously, though there is one bit of truth:

[ QUOTE ]
Writing Net Neutrality into law would preserve the freedoms we currently enjoy on the Internet. For all their talk about "deregulation," the cable and telephone giants don't want real competition. They want special rules written in their favor.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the answer is

A) more regulation limiting those "special rules"

B) just get rid of the special rules that are choking "real competition"

???