Thread: NHL 10/18
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 AM

Default NHL 10/18

YTD: 12-9-2

Predators vs Rangers
Nashville always plays the Rangers tough. The Rangers are 2-5-1 in their last 8 against the Preds. But I do believe that the Rangers are back on track after that 3 game skid. They should win this one. Rangers & Over 6

Florida vs Washington
You have to be careful not to sleep on a team with Ovechkin and Kolzig. They can single handedly turn a game around. Unfortunatly for them, this wont be one of those games. The Caps powerplay is horrendous (4-32). Florida is likely going to start Alex Auld, who's 3-0-1 with a 2.37GAA this year. Florida & Under 6.5

New Jersey vs Pittsburgh
Despite a mediocre start, the Devils are a good team. BUT, tonight is the debut of Evgeni Malkin. You may want to fade me on this one, but I'm taking the Pens. I gotta root for the young guns, Crosby and Malkin. Penguins & Over 6

Montreal vs Chicago
Gotta love this orginal 6 matchup. Both teams are coming off of good wins. Havlat is having a great start for Chicago and they have the 6th ranked powerplay in the league. But, Montreal has the 5th ranked powerplay and they're going with David Aebischer tonight. Aebischer is 2-0 with a 1.44GAA this year. Not only that, but both of his wins came on the road at Toronto and at Philly. Montreal & Under 6

Minnesota vs Los Angeles
Too much Rolston, Too much Fernandez(4-0 1.77GAA), too much # 1 ranked powerplay, too much #5 ranked penalty kill. I can see the Wild putting up 6 goals themselves tonight vs the likely starter for the Kings, Garon. Minnesota & Over 5.5