View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: How could it go so bad, so quickly????

[ QUOTE ]
Really? That much? I was thinking that $6K would be enough for earning a living off $1/2 as long as I was happy to drop down if and when I hit a downswing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the bankroll requirements for PLO. I play limit hold'em, I wouldn't go pro without 1000BB for 10/20 or 20K because I think you can make a living off 5/10 barely. In NL hold'em, you should probably have 40-50 buy-ins at a mid limit like 600NL. I don't know how much you make off a PLO game, but it seems unrealistic that you can make a living playing 1/2 anything. If you are going to make a living doing that it's probably going to be pretty thin. So I can't really so you dropping down and still being able to make a living. The point of playing one limit above where you think you can make a living is that you should never go broke if your a winning player and you move down when your BR gets halved at the higher limit.

[ QUOTE ]
By your estimation I'd need $22K. I think I'd need one almighty parlay or a large tourney win to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well right now you would. But the idea is to build that up before you go pro. In the process of building that kind of money up you develop the bankroll management, budgeting, and playing skills to be a successful pro.