View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Response to Sklansky\'s article \"Chips Changing Value in Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
But, if you want to prove people wrong who think mathematically, you have to provide them with the math that will show them that they are wrong. Thus far, Snyder has not provided that to Mason or David. If he wishes to disprove their theories (which some people disagree with since Mason and David didn't start with a tournament mentality, but a cash game mentality, and obviously those are two separate and different games), he will have to show how their math is wrong. Other than that, he's just p'ing in the wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I get from the article is that Snyder thinks that the MATH is right - the PREMISES upon which the math is based are WRONG, or at least not applicable to real-world tournaments of today.

How do I explain this.

If I have 10 apples and I give you 4 of them, I'll have 6 left. However, since I do not like you (for the purposes of the example) - I'm not going to give you any apples, so at the end of the day you go hungry, even though the math is perfectly correct.