View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:25 PM

Default 2 5/10 hands: A river bluff shove and a 2nd pair oop against a TAG

I haven't been at 5/10 NL for a few months (variety of reasons), but I'm back now and want to stay there. Anyway, here are two hands that I'm conflicted about. I have opinions on each, but I'll share them later.

Hand 1:
I have $1100 to start with on the button, I cover villain, but not by much. I have been here about 45 minutes, but was tight and quiet for the first 30 minutes due to loose players and bad cards. Lately I have been opening up a lot a more and taking down some pots uncontested.

2 limpers to me on the button, I raise to $50 with
4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The sb reraises to $140, and the BB calls, all others fold, I call. The sb is a solid 15/11/4 guy who has not fought back at me yet. The bb sucks and is something like 50/10/1.5. I dont have enough hands on the BB for the WTSD to be meaningful.

3 to the flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB insta checks, BB insta checks, I think for a 5 count and check.

Turn ($440): 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
sb insta checks, bb insta checks, I think for a couple seconds and bet $280. SB folds, BB calls.

River ($1000): 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks quickly, I push for about $800, the BB has about $650 left.

Hand 2: Same table, but 15 minutes later. SB from previous hand is still on my left this hand, and is the villain. I have started lagging it up, and I have mostly been getting some respect, but my guess is that this guy is starting to notice and get irritated. Preflop, he is still tight and mostly just folding to my raises, but its definitely possible that he is starting to adjust, although I haven't caught him making a move yet. When he's in a hand postflop, he is aggressive and plays position well. We have not gone to showdown in a hand between us yet. I start with $1500, he has $1000.

I raise AQo (no [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) utg to $40. Only villain calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead for $80 into the $95 pot, he calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check and call for $120.

River ($495), 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets $380, I....??

Thanks for the help guys.