View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker native Mac client

[ QUOTE ]
How is it in general running Parallels for online poker? I toyed with the idea of getting a MBP awhile ago, but I ultimately wimped out because I wasn't sure how well it would work. In the past, when I've used other VM software (for Windows on Linux, or vice versa), audio was a problem--in those cases, the sound apparently wasn't getting re-routed out to the host machine. No sound is obviously a big minus for online poker, so I gave it a pass and ultimately got a ThinkPad.

From what I found out later on, Parallels does re-route sound, so I guess I would have come out OK after all. Maybe I'll go get myself an early Xmas gift, if I keep building my stack up....

Are you happy with the whole MacBook/Parallels combo, both for poker, and for general use? Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

in general i am quite satisfied with the setup.
everything is working well enough.

sound is there, but cracking at times.
parallels seems to have a bit more overhead than vmware which i am used to run on windows/linux machines.
so i am also looking forward to the beta of vmwares mac software.

but i've had absolutely no problems so far running party, stars, pokertracker (with remote postgres db) and pokerace hud in xp within parallels vm.