View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 02:29 AM

Default Car and TV beat.

At 12:02 Friday the 13th Im driving home and I aproach a stop sign to a main road and go to apply my brake, which goes straight to the floor and nothing happens. After pounding it into the floorboard a few times I get a little grip but not enough to stop me from flying onto the main road, I miss one car by about 2 feet and pull sideways and end up in some guys front lawn.

He storms out and thinks its a DUI and is ready to kick my ass but I show him the brake pedal and eventually he calms down and I drive 2 miles an hour to get home which fortunately was two blocks away.

So that near life experience sucks so I go home to enjoy my new leather couch and 56" Samsung 1080 DLP TV, still fresh brand new in the box that got delivered earlier that day that I hadnt had time to open yet.

So I open it and immediately notice a white mark on the screen, I think its a reflection at first but my roommate and I play around blocking the light and its obviously not. I look through pamphlets, see something about white marks caused by light but this hasnt been exposed to any, I freak out, look through the entire manual, google for the problem, find nothing on it, ok maybe its just something thatll go away if I plug the TV in.

Nope, awesome. This is the DVD Menu for Heat FWIW.

I talk to service guys for an hour or so and they have no idea what it is, a technician is calling me tomorrow supposedly.

Turns out my brake line eroded and popped or something, and my rotors were close to shot so thats gonna run me about half a grand. Wheeeeeee.

The brag that Im alive from not getting T-boned on a main road makes up for it obviously, but I have trouble feeling that pleasure at the moment.