View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Programming card games

[ QUOTE ]
Any particular reason? Or do you just hate coffee, and you project that hatred on all things remotely related to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - no I like coffee, actually, I'm slightly addicted to coffee, I need coffee - now I'm not sure an addiction constitues the equivalent of love but its close enough for me.

Java on the other hand is something I need only becasue in many cases its the only option that has been presented as the solution for a problem.

Java's most beneficial attribute is that it is cross platform. As you know an application written in Java will work on Windows, Unix, Linux, MAC and anything else that will run a browser.

This great flexability is mired with the huge performance hit and stability issues incurred when running a JAva application.

In my work type situations a lot of people that provide us in-house applications usually offer the solution in Java becasue it's less work for them.

Java might be a good option for OPs requirements becasue he justs wants a platform to play a game on. I'm ok with that.

I don't support Java as being the greatest thing in the application developement world or the answer to all application needs.

Hopefully this does not come across as over zealous. I just finished 3 cups of coffee before I sat down to read this forum.