View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: -$70,000 in 24 hours

[ QUOTE ]
roba,

how long have you been playing poker? are you a pro? how big is/was your bankroll? how did you build up your bankroll, or is this non-poker money?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey Degen, Im 20 and at University (college) been playing poker for just over 2 years now, started with $5 playing in the smallest fixed limit cash games at stars. After about a year I had ~$4000, But I had terrible bank roll management and wasn’t a great player either so after moving up too fast I lost most of it. Was pretty annoyed, felt like I had wasted a year lol so cashed out the remaining $500 or so and took about a 6 month break from poker.

Then 1 year ago I found that I had left about $5 in my stars account, decided to try NL this time, I enjoyed NL way more and things went much better. I played pretty much every day and moved up limits pretty fast playing mostly in the NL 6 max tables. I remember taking my first shot at 10/20 in March with a BR just under $10k (that I had built up playing 2/4 NL). I didn’t mind taking shots, I knew if I lost a couple buy-ins I could drop down again and bonus whore NL 1/2 and 2/4 then take another shot. Eventually I had a good run at 10/20 and built up a nice BR. Moved up to NL 25/50 in September had a very good month and things were going well (until a couple days ago!). I have about $400k now; don’t know if this makes me pro or not lol.

What about you? You play 10/20 and 25/50 too? Going well?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Age of Conqeurors....Age of Empires 2 basically I am the daddy of it

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there money in this? Enough to fund a high limit bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the game is dead now, few years ago though there were some nice $$ tourneys though. I was never that good at AOC anyway, much better at AOM (Age of Myth, which came out after AOC) which had a few nice $$ online tourneys too but nothing massive. No where near starcraft lol.