View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Longest losing streak? 2/4 online

Ok guys, could I please get some input from some of the regulars on what you consider to be the longest/largest sustained losing streak you've had since you started playing?

I've hit a very nasty rough patch in the past month or so in which all of my gains from the previous two months have been completely wiped out. I was a very successful player at 2/4 (hit in the head with the deck?) and tried to push through to 3/6 when I went above $1800, but lost a good chunk of cash there.

Anyway, my total BR has dropped by about $1000, and my 2/4 BB/100 has dropped from a high of 5.5 to exactly 2.0. I figure my 2/4 losses have been about 200BB since I started this downswing (it's pretty much been straight down).

I feel I've been playing solid poker, just extremely cold-decked, like last night when I lost a $60 pot and flopped a set of sevens and was able to cap flop & raise the turn just to get rivered by a flush. That hand would have been the difference between a profit v. a loss.

Anyway, I'd like to know what some of your biggest downswings have been in small stakes limit so I can be prepared for what to expect. The past month has been frustrating, as it's my first large downswing since I started playing seriously, but I keep jumping on that horse and trying to plug holes in my game!