View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Is it unethical to look if someone tips their hole cards?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The majority of respondents will tell you to go ahead and look, but they will be wrong. Looking at the other guy's hole cards is unethical. The issue is that you can use information to which you are not entitled against the other players, and it's not their fault that he won't protect his hand. I warn people every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer. Moral relativism is such an easy and common cop out when playing poker. The fact that you are trying to win other players' money does not give you carte blanche to be a bad person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong I'm not attacking you at all.
But you can take the moral highground all you want. He's stupid he loses his money.

Now as I said I firmly believe there is a diffrence between me activly seeking to sneak a peek at his cards. And him just holding them out ther for the world to see.

I will not look or even attempt to look.
But if he holds them out there like a donk. I'm gonna do everything I can to get his money I don't care if you say it's dishonest. I WOULD BE THE SUCKER if I did not try to get that money.

Oh yeah the 1-3 stud game at the el cortez is famous for this It's the only reason I play. Usually halfway through a hand the WHOLE TABLE falls asleep ....... I use this time to sneak around the table and switch everyones cards so I have the best hand. The best part is it works because the tar from the cigarette smoke covered the camera. I usually make at least 18 dollars a week with this play.