View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: $25: A summary of newbie ness

Too many hands in one post. You can't get a decent discussion going when they're all together.

Let me say with most of these... having reads would help.

Hand 1- Folding is premature... people will raise you with one pair as well as with flush or straight draws.

Hand 2- I don't think you should shy from reraising AK shorthanded. I will normally fold AK to a push unless the guy is a maniac/superaggressive.... then put your seatbelt on and ride the crazy variance train and hope you run good.

Hand 3 - Shorthanded I'd reraise that PF. As played- Unless I have a read that a guy bets wussy bets with monsters, I'd feel confident that you're ahead. I'd bet the turn too against this guy.

Hand 4- I hate it. Either raise the flop or fold. He either has a small PP or he hit... you don't have odds to call with overcards.

Hand 5- Jeez... you're at a table of calling stations. If you are always raising and everyone's calling... and you want to isolate, you need to raise more. You raised it to $2.75 when there's already over $2 in the pot. Either make a real raise (raise that up to at least $5) or smoothcall.

Regarding flop- they're certainly giving you odds to call with anything. These players are weak betters. I guess you gotta call.

Note- you should be cleaning up at these tables. They're calling stations and give you odds to make your draws. (assuming you hit some draws here or there)

Hand 6: again.. what are your reads? It sure seems like you're beat. But I have no idea how this guy plays. Unless he's bluffing all the time, he's got you beat.

The last hand you already posted.