View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Live betting = Craziness??

Live betting is craziness, and I love it. I absolutely love scalping unders like you mentioned, in the World Cup this was free free money. The key, I think, to live betting is making the play for a profitable scalp, as opposed to a profitable bet. Especially early in the game. Though I do a lot of betting right at the end as well, as sometimes you can get some interesting prices. For example, last night, bottom of the ninth, Tigers up three, two outs, bases juiced and Big Hurt at the plate, you could buy Detroit for -900 (wsex). Last Monday night with Denver up 4.5 ATS, 2 minutes left, and a Ravens team that hadn't scored a touchdown all night, you could take the Broncos at -400. I'm sure wsex knows what it's doing (the Broncos bet scared me more than the Tigers bet), but those are a couple interesting ones right at the end of the game from the past week. Oh, and don't forget about golf. You can often get a "good" golfer with a couple stroke lead halfway through their final round for a decent price. (Though Tiger gets inflated.)