[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be harsh...but do people really think Carter Beauford is a great drummer, or is DMB the only band from which they know the name of the drummer? I don't see him as anything special at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be harsh, but that's a stupid thing to say. I doubt Drum and Modern Drummer have had him on their covers multiple times because he's the only drummer they know the name of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being on the cover of a magazine is not a sign of greatness...or even decentness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. However, I really doubt that Drum and Modern Drummer have a lot of readers who would appreciate seeing a hack on the cover just because he's well known. They put him on because he's good. Regardless, you're still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I wrong? All I said was that I do not see him as being anything special, which is true because I do not...and neither do all but 2 people in this thread so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. I think in most drum circles (hehe) he's considered much better than average. Your statement about people only mentioning because he's in DMB was just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a statement...it was a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this petty back and forth, so I'll keep it going: why would an honest, non-rhetorical question such as that need the qualifier "not to sound harsh"?

[/ QUOTE ]

So that fans of his would not take offense to my question, which I thought might come across as a little harsh over the internet...obviously my disclaimer was ineffective. I was looking for opinions from those that are more knowledgable than me on this subject. Just giving my opinion and wondering what others thought, I did not mean to offend you, or anyone else that likes Carter. Good day, sir.