Thread: Leach/Kyl
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Leach/Kyl

[ QUOTE ]

Frankly, these two guys opponents might be bozos. The reason I don't find an issue with that is because our congress is broken anyway. Until there is public financing of campaigns, none of these guys work directly for you or me; they work for whoever gives them the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original legislation in the House was co-sponsoredby Bob Goodlatte, (R-VA). I always thought it was wierd that he would write in those exemptions for horse racing and fantasy sports. I went on the Federal Election Commission website and looked at his campaign contributions. Sure enough, $10,000 from the Nat'l Thoroughbred Racing Assoc., $5000 from the American Quarter Horse Assoc., and contributions also from every ISP that runs fantasy sports leagues. These guys (and gals) in congress are pure whores, in almost literally the strict sense of the word. Goodlatte says on his website that stopping internet gambling was one of his top "legislative priorities," but the [censored] writes in an exemption for anyone who ponied up some cash. Disgusting.