Thread: I'm Dumbfounded
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: I\'m Dumbfounded

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to spew when you see it? Not because it offends your 'rational' sensibilities, but because everything exists in relation to God, and your 'atheism' can only be hatred of God, which you want everyone else to share.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really have a hatred for something that doesn't exist.

Brings to mind the Amish school killer. He wrote that he "hated god" because god allowed his infant daughter to die.

Don't you think that is a sad commentary on "believers" when they either "thank" or "hate" god for good and bad things that happen in their lives?

Albert Pujols appears to be "thanking" god for the fact that he hit a homerun or the fact that his team won a game. What about the believers on the other team that just lost the game. Does god really want Albert to be more successful than other players, or is he such a great player because of random genetics and hard work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will venture to say what should be obvious-- just because you SAY that God doesn't exist, doesn't mean that He doesn't. You are still saying something about God-- look how silly you look, talking about something that doesn't exist. And don't pull that Easter bunny crap, because that's childish. Nobody says that the Easter bunny created the universe or that our existence is predicated upon him. You would like to say that the belief in God is childish, but your understanding of belief is what is infantile, immature and undeveloped. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what is going on.

Maybe next you want to ask how God can answer so many prayers at once? Wouldn't he get confused? Oh wait, you already asked that question.