View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Panel hand #2 - showdown

[ QUOTE ]
- Flop bet with two overcards and a flush draw against the paired board: Standard bet if I checked preflop or if I raised preflop. But betting this has *NOTHING* to do with raising preflop. The preflop pot-building raise is about building pots to win more money when you flop well. Anyone who even hinted at this decision being related to being the preflop aggressor doesn't understand big pot poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree. because you made the pot so huge and they expect a bet, you will certainly get value out of this flop bet. can this factor be the difference between checking had you checked preflop and betting because you raised preflop? imo it probably can be, although not in this hand specifically.

also in the future, PLEASE add action before the decision points. this hand was very annoying. there were like 3 threads per street and you had to go back to 9 threads to see wtf had happened prior to the river. these would be 10x better with the action shown, and they would get much more discussion. as it were, i'm pretty sure everyone was just turned away by this format.