View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Who would be more disappointed to find out the truth?

[ QUOTE ]
Kurto,

I agree I thought it was simple. But if you are an atheist and then find out you will probably spend the rest of your time in Hell because you did not worship you might be more disappointed. You might think you wasted your life - you could have been 'saved'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to ask... do we know which God is real and which religion got it right? Cause that makes a big difference.

I was raised Christian (Lutheran.) If I learned today that it was all real, I wouldn't real be concerned. Since I know that you're allowed to convert. I feel I'm a pretty 'good' person as it is. I merely tweak a few things so that I follow what God says a little closely. Obviously faith won't be an issue now because now we have proof.

Let's look at the reverse... say you're my brother-- he goes to adult Bible classes. He runs teen Bible classes. Participates in his church. Every decision he makes in life is filtered through his religion. I've met a lot of people like him (they live in NC). He now knows for sure that there's no God... he's devastated, doesn't know what his purpose is... the guy has no idea how to judge anything without his religion. He's more lost then I if he learns that he's wrong.