View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Re: TLK v Erik1223 1k-2k ftp

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The consensus is apparently that any play at any time may or may not be correct based on "metagame" or "flow".

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of these guys from the Neverwin camp play too many hands, even considering their formidable postflop skills. Deciding to "mix it up" with K7o out of position is one such example of this. But it's a fairly unremarkable play nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but I also think that damn near nothing that transpires in a HU limit hand would qualify as "remarkable". Most of us have played hundreds of thousands of hands and have literally seen it all as far as what can transpire within a limit hand. We also all know that "it depends" is frequently the answer. But the nature of the game is such that once a player gets beyond a certain caliber he will very rarely make a massive error. That doesnt mean that the small errors don't matter. The "best" players are the ones who are the most adept at making the "right" choices when confronted with tough decisions--choices which are by their very nature going to be only slightly better than or worse than the nearest alternative.

I thought both rivers in my thread were misplayed and I still think they were misplayed. If they were intentionally misplayed for the purpose of creating or furthering an image or some other reason, then that is fine. But we can't create the whole picture including the flow, texture, or recnet history of the game in a few lines of a thread. That means that dicussing hands in a vacuum is about the best we can do. Of course it isn't perfect, but that doesnt mean it isn't productive.

Cartman