Thread: UFC UFN Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Re: UFC UFN Thread

Good luck on the Ortiz bridgejumper...

I was thinking about betting Alessio if got down to 125/130
Alessio is a much more experienced fighter(started MMA when he was 19). He's 11-3 in about the same time period as Alves went 8-3. I also like that in his last 14 fights (dating back 5/6 years) Alessio hasn't been stopped. I think that's a very important factor to consider when handicapping MMA. He's also never been knocked out or TKOd in his career. His only losses have been decisions and submissions (which happened more than 5 years ago. I'll probably stay away from this though...not familiar enough with these two.

Haynes/Singer ... who knows...

Only fight I like is Macdonald +256 vs Ed Herman. I think this is practically a 50/50 fight...(I'm no expert by any means however) I do know Macdonald generally has great cardio and his loss to Kalib Starnes he took on short notice. Also, Herman lost to Joe Doerksen while Macdonald beat him in the fourth of a five rounder.

Different card, but I'd much rather bridge jump with Shawn Sherk at -321 ... I can't imagine Florian having a better chance vs Sherk than Shamrock does vs Ortiz.