View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Election: Kyl vs Pederson. Is Pederson a better choice?

I do not support Kyl. But i get the feeling that many on this site who are political lefties are using the internet gambling bills as an excuse to bash Republicans. The facts are that liberal Dems in Washington State banned online gambling before this recent stuff ever happened, same with Illinois i believe. Liberals believe not in personal freedom but in goverment control. To blame all our problems on Republicans is a fraudulent belief. Here is a fact, if the votes of only Democrats were counted on this bill, it still would have been passed.

I agree the Republican party has a problem. The Republican party is basically made up of two camps, libertarians and social conservatives. The libertarians in the party are angry about this legislation, they want a smaller government, not a larger one.

However, the Democrats are united, they are all for a larger government nanny state. Even if the Demos approved of online poker (which they do not), they would tax it so badly that skill would no longer be enough to win.