View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:37 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Limit O8 hand.

Bremen - Assuming your intention was to knock out the blinds and get one-on-one with CO, I like your pre-flop raise. You have a very nice one-on-one hand. Didn't work this time against this BB, but was worth a try. Fine.

And you bet the flop. Fine.

But you dropped the ball on the turn. When you don't bet the turn after betting aggressively pre-flop and post flop, one of your opponents is likely to take a shot at you on the river. And that is what happened here. Better for you to bet the turn forcing your opponents to guess than to put them in a position to bet the river and make you guess. By betting the turn, you might knock off a potentially better high hand than yours and also might knock out another ace-three low hand. You only have second nut low, but a turn bet would not exactly be a bluff, and might take down the pot. Often by betting aggressively, you turn what might otherwise win a half or a quarter of the pot into a scooper. You started the sequence. You set up the old one two. But then you quit after only the old one. Oh well... (sigh) [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

You should definitely not fold on the river, but should you just call or should you raise? I somehow don't envision BB folding to your raise. Therefore, I think a call is your best move on the river.

Buzz