View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Effective BB Hand ranges? (NC)

So the other day I was at a table at crappy empire (piece of dirty [censored]).. Anyways, I was with our own pokerbob and we were chatting for a bit. At some point I pulled a bad beat on him when we were in a sb (me) vs. bb (him). He told me I was being stupid for calling/raising with my hand and I responded that I had A high on a pretty draw-sparse board and then had a low pair on the turn, so I played to the river (I think I c/r'd the turn with a low pair and bet out the river that gave me two pair).

All of this aside - if you complete in the sb and you're HU against the BB, how do you deal with BB aggression with a TAG? Obviously a TAG BB will bet 90% of flops checked to them in this situation. So do you call down with A high, hoping to catch or check/raise (/donk) the turn?

This seems to be a place where I leak (at least, according to him), so I wanted to get a few opinions on how to play the sb/bb in these situations where you have a marginal hand against an opponent that is aggressive, has well-defined play, and hasn't raised pf to help narrow his hand range.

-eric