View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:00 PM

Default Re: 2 BEATS, A BRAG, and some variance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im obviously not gonna go in depth into my logic (a bit of its player dependent and good chance ill play him again), but fwiw i was fairly sure i was winning on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

GASITT is a good friend of mine, and oftentimes able to stop playing someone if he thinks he might be getting outplayed. I imagine he quit because he realized he got outplayed on that pot (rather than being like "look at that donkey calling off huge bets with bottom pair") and didn't want to play you with your stack that deep vs him (woulda been about 40k to 36k it appears).

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand and this explanation make perfect sense to me. Of course you leave when the dude is outplaying you to this extent.

NH Durr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't actually talked to Gassitt yet but I'm about 80% certain this is the case. When he had the big stack advantage he was probably willing to play (or maybe even felt he had an edge), and then this hand happened and that entirely changed.

He's a pretty mature guy and able to admit to himself most of the time if he no longer has the best of it (more so than a lot of high stakes players, anyway, who let ego get in the way).