View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 4 bet semi bluff vs. Esfandiari

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is WAAAAAY over my level of the game,so take this with a BIG grain of salt...

Given your image and the fact that he had showed you cr@p after re-raising you before - I think he's calling your shove here like almost always and he's not making a pot-odds mistake with his call, like, ever. You're probably better off with a stop-n-go if you're looking for some FE.

I think his range may be something like A8o+,A5s+,any pair, all suited broadways, most unsuited broadways... throw in a couple of suited connectors for balance. You're 40% dog against this range and with the push you're paying 7,200 for 8,100 pot... I do not think he folds often enough to make up the deficit when you are called...

That said, JTs

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying you think he calls with A8s?

What about garbage hands that he is reraising? You think just because he repopped 75s before he is now going to have a good hand? Metagame doens't exactly work like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn the tables - You're Esfandiary dealing with a seemingly aggro Internet qualifier. You raised to 2K and if the Internet Prodigy pushes (what's his range for pushing? How often does he semi-bluffs?) you're paying 5,800 for ~ 11K pot, or almost 2:1. Other than an OUTRIGHT air - what are you folding that you chose to re-pop with?

Note: I'm OBV doing this more for my education than anything else, curious to see how te hand turned out... (my guess would be re-pop by you/ fold by him?...)