View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Step into the tee box

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you play $5-tourneys you will be up against mostly donks making your learning curve relatively flat, and playing $200-tourneys to learn will be too expensive for most of the $5-tourney players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play heads up. Talk to better players. Get them to play you. Work on your game and take shots at bigger games, move up faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ic, I should have understood from your post I guess. I played live cash game yesterday against 5-6 noobs, and after every hand I was involved I showed them my cards and told them my thoughts on every street (things like betting the pot both on turn and river with unpaired 56 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], opponent folding, then I flip the cards over, telling him that when he checked on the flop I knew he had overs since he always play them that way while when he has pairs he bets). I think they learned a lot from that, and even if it was very -EV for them to play me, they have invited me to come play with them tomorrow. I like this attitude to the game so much, that I will probably go play there. I could see them improving throughout the session (confirming your theory) and I guess they learn more from 1 session like this than from playing 20 tourneys.