View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Can\'t figure it out myself

" I also figured out that you should bet or raise for value and try not to push out opponents as long as your equity is bigger than your share of the pot (if you have 3 opponents you contribute 25% to the pot but own 35% of it)."

This is not entirely true. It is true that under the conditions you write, a bet that everyone calls has positive expectation. That doesn't necessarily mean that you shouldn't try to knock people out - knocking people out may have even higher expectation in some situations.

But I don't think this point changes your question. I think your question is how you can use the chance of making it on the turn or the river if you may not call on the turn.

The answer is basically that only strong draws like flush draws merit value bet/raises on the flop. For these draws it will almost always be worthwhile to call one or two bets on the turn as well. I think you will find that whenever it is worthwhile to raise draws for value on the flop, it is also worth calling on the turn (assuming that you miss).