View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: my letter to RNC chairman Mehlman

I am so disappointed in the direction our country has taken since you have taken office. I started out feeling so good when you were first elected into office, only to be disappointed time and time again. I have to say this latest bill that has been allowed to pass has really been the biggest shocker. The methods were bad enough but to bypass the real issue, (port security), simply outrages myself along with many of my fellow Americans. To think of the tremendous amount of tax dollars that online gaming could have added to our country's budget. Where are our priorities? What happened to the freedom that our country is supposed to be so famous for? More and more our freedom has been whittled away. I remember when I was a small girl in grade school and we were taught about the famous "iron wall" in another country, about how that other country were allowed absolutely "no freedom". They were completely controlled and ruled. That is the direction I see our country taking. It will be a very sad day in America when you sign that bill. They call us the "nanny state". How so very true that has become.
It is of this writers opinion, and I am sure I am not alone, that every single person who were involved with implementing this bill should be terminated from there respective positions as employees of our people. I believe you, President Bush, should be just as outraged as the rest of us, but my very serious concern is that you are not.