View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Libertarian Party Press Release

My brother told me that the Libertarian party believes the next best thing to them being in power is to have split power in the government. In other words, we need the Republicans to control the House, and the Democrats control the Senate (or vise versa). I cannot confirm that the Libertarian party actually said this, but it makes sence. With split control, we'll have more gridlock. With more gridlock, hopefully stupid bills like this would have never been passed.

Right now we have a Republican House, a Republican Senate, and a Republican President. That's bad. When all three are Democrat, that's bad as well.

For what it's worth, I've been a life long conservative. I've voted Republican for most of my life. Not any more! This next election, I am going to vote either Libertarian or Democrat! And don't tell me that the Republicans stand for smaller government and less money out of your pocket. I use to believe that, but not any more. Both the Democrats and Republicans stand for taking more of my money and for more governmental control. They're both a joke. It's just a matter of the lesser of two evils. The Democrats, at least until they get some power back, are the lesser of two evils.

With that said, any election where a Libertarian could actually win, I will vote that way. Or, for any election where I know my vote doesn't matter (because one of the candidates is too popular), I will vote Libertarian. Hopefully these votes will help show that the Libertarian is gaining strength.

If every poker player started voting Libertarian, that would help. If each poker player could convince ten non poker players to vote Libertarian, then we'd really see some shake up. While the Democrats are unlikely to repeal this stupid anti-internet gambiling law, the Libertarians would.

Everyone, stop toting your party line! Whether you are Democrat or Republican, take a hard look at what your party really is. Then, maybe you too will become Libertarian. In time, just maybe we can make a difference.