View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Dusty Baker fired

[ QUOTE ]
SI.com reported in their Truth and Rumors that the Cubs were close to resigning Ramirez. What's everyone'e thoughts on Pierre? Should we resign or should we move Jones to Center and try to sign a big bopper, which would leave Theriot to hit leadoff?

[/ QUOTE ]
i dunno about fallin in love with Theriot, he's not even the organizations long term plan for 2nd. that belongs to Corey Patterson's brother, Eric Patterson. Either way next year that position is Cedeno's. We should keep a platoon in left field with Murton/Pagan. Jones should move to center if he can, and we need to sign a quality hitter for right field. I think we are resigning Aram, SS is Izturis,2nd is Cedeno,1st is Lee and C is Barrett.
The rotation hopefully will be Zambrano,Hill,Prior, either Sean Marshall,Guzman,Mateo with one FA pitcher, actually hopefully 2 of them. Bullpen is in good shape and should be interesting to see the role that Kerry Wood has when he's there, if he can dominate 1 inning we might be able to move Dempster back to starting.

My dream coaching staff/front office would be Girardi as manager,Sandberg/Billy Williams hitting coach, Jenkins/Rothchild as pitching coach (Rothchild actually did a pretty good job with what he had to work with) and Steve Stone as the GM/President