View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: My micros suggestion

I said in another post, and I'll say it again in this one. I think cashing out ALL of your money is foolish, because you might not be able to put it back in. Execpt for Party, Pacific, and any other site that intends on suspending US operations.

I'm currently playing on a PokerRoom skin, and play this weekend was awsome. I'm currently recovering from a 100BB downswing at $1/2, but I was able to bounce back nicely and recover about half of it with a 100BB upswing at $.5/1.

I'm NOT quitting. Personally, I think it's foolish for people to just throw their hands in the air and quit. I feel that as a responsible adult, I have the right to chose whether or not to play poker online, and until someone makes it specifically against the law, I don't have any intention of stopping. Quitting now is playing into exactly what Congress wants. They want you to be confused, they want you to be frustrated, and they want you to quit playing so that they can win their moral victory.

It occurred to me earlier today that I think I know what the next step is going to be. The Poker Player Alliance is currently lobbying to have poker "carved" out from other forms of online gambling. I believe this is going to happen. Then I believe, all of the sudden, we're going to get a batch of online poker rooms that are hosted by servers in Las Vegas and Atlantic City. That way the government can regulate and tax those servers. Basically, the government is going to say, "You can't play poker on the illegal overseas servers, but you can play poker on our regulated and taxed servers." You think the rake is high now? What til that happens. Do you think it's right for our government to do this? If you quit now, and pull all your money out of other sites, this is exactly what you're going to allow to happen.

Ok, I'm rambling, so I'm going to get off my soap box. I just wanted to get across to who ever is willing to read this post, that it may be a little early to just quit.

Holla,

Tex