View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Planning a Bachelor Party

[ QUOTE ]

1) Am I correct in assuming that my best friend is supposed to take a key role in all of the planning? He has never been to Vegas. How should the planning responsibilities be split up with that point in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best man should plan all of this with your wishes in mind - if he is unfamiliar with the location then he should get help from other people.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Is it a good idea to invite as many friends as possible or to just stick with my closest friends? I wonder specifically if I should invite some old college buddies that I have not seen in over four years. They are all cool people. I guess to make this question easier, assume that if I stuck with my closest friends the party count would be around 5, and it would grow to 15 – 20 if I expanded my invitations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your call. Both can work...just depends on what you want.

[ QUOTE ]
3) How do accommodations typically work at a Vegas bachelor party? Does the entire party usually stay in the same suite? At what point does the party count change this decision? No, we are not going to be able to afford something super-balla like the $5k per night Palms suites.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is up to everyone going. Your best man should work this out with them. Sharing a room should work like any other trip - people who want to spend less share with more people.

[ QUOTE ]
4) How do the finances typically work? I assume that everyone pays for their own transportation there and back. From that point, what is customary for dividing up room, stripper, dinner and table service expenses? Should I worry about everyone being on the same page with this topic, especially if I am inviting the friends I have not seen in a while? Say for example that after planning everything, it looks like the party will cost $750 per person if divided evenly. Should the event planner make sure that everyone is okay paying this amount before the party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's better to be up front with the costs. You don't want to spring a $300 stripper and shot bill on your cash strapped buddy who could barely afford the plane ticket out there. Have your best man put together a rough ballpark budget so everyone knows what they are getting into before they decide to go.

all of this should be basic, easy stuff to figure out. You don't need to tell guys the party tab will be $345 per person, but you should tell them the itinerary and roughly what to expect