View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Planning a Bachelor Party

I am recently engaged. Being the first one of my friends to get engaged, I have never been to a bachelor party so I need some help with the planning. Figuring out fun things to do is not a problem. I have visited Vegas many times, and I know the general concept of bachelor party debauchery. There is no need for y’all to recommend one nightclub over another one or this stripclub, this restaurant, etc…I am more interested in some general planning questions.

1) Am I correct in assuming that my best friend is supposed to take a key role in all of the planning? He has never been to Vegas. How should the planning responsibilities be split up with that point in mind?

2) Is it a good idea to invite as many friends as possible or to just stick with my closest friends? I wonder specifically if I should invite some old college buddies that I have not seen in over four years. They are all cool people. I guess to make this question easier, assume that if I stuck with my closest friends the party count would be around 5, and it would grow to 15 – 20 if I expanded my invitations.

3) How do accommodations typically work at a Vegas bachelor party? Does the entire party usually stay in the same suite? At what point does the party count change this decision? No, we are not going to be able to afford something super-balla like the $5k per night Palms suites.

4) How do the finances typically work? I assume that everyone pays for their own transportation there and back. From that point, what is customary for dividing up room, stripper, dinner and table service expenses? Should I worry about everyone being on the same page with this topic, especially if I am inviting the friends I have not seen in a while? Say for example that after planning everything, it looks like the party will cost $750 per person if divided evenly. Should the event planner make sure that everyone is okay paying this amount before the party?

Ugh…this looks maybe like a tl;dr now. Sorry.

Cliff Notes: Please give me recommendations for planning a bachelor party that does not relate to specific things to do, but rather focuses on the planning responsibilities, guest list, accommodations and finances.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

-Andrew