View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Official statement from PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just imagine for a minute Party or Stars would be successful shooting down this part of the bill. Public outcry about foreign companies influencing American politicians would immidiately ensue...

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY? Public outcry? Far less than 1% of the US population knew this bill existed, let alone cared whether or not it got passed. If it hadn't passed, then the only difference woiuld that a few bible thumper special interest groups would get mad at Frist for not supporting good Christian values. Other than that, it would go completely unnoticed.

Even if this was a high profile issue, 80-90% of the customers of these foreign companies are American, so it's not like they have no credibility here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might not be a "public outcry", but I'd think that there is a much larger percentage of "swing voters" (people who don't just vote straight dem or rep) on this site than for the population as a whole. I don't think I'll be voting for any incumbent republicans any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Most here would have never voted for a republican to begin with.